2. In the Planet Arkive Fact Files , select a type of living thing, such as mammals.
3. Explore through the different letters of the alphabet, finding an animal that is endangered from every continent.
To see a
map of where the animal lives, click the 'Where is it Found' button.
Switch to Google Earth and find the continent
animal lives on. Once you find the continent, Add a Placemark on the
continent by clicking 'Add' at the top of the screen and pulling down
5. In the window that opens, Delete where it says Google Earth New Placemark and type in the name of the animal and the name of the continent. Be sure that it is going to put the placemark in your Animals folder!! Then type in one Fact that you learned about the animal (besides what continent it lives on).
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until you have 7 placemarks, one for each continent on Earth in your folder!!
7. You can earn extra points by: Typing three Facts about the animal into the 'Description' part of the 'New Placemark' window and adding a custom icon to your placemark.
To add a custom icon, right click on the icon below you want it to be and pull down to 'Copy Image Location'.
Once you have copied the address, in your placemark window, click the 'Advanced' check box and paste the URL into the icon address.